At Julius C. Howe Asphalt Sealing Co., we provide professional asphalt patching and repair services for parking lots and driveways.
When is it time for asphalt repair?
Regularly! Asphalt concrete breaks down as it ages, but this deterioration can be slowed with regular maintenance.
Repair Cracks Soon or Pay Later
Cracks on pavement surfaces appear as a result of aging, drainage problems, poorly constructed base structures, and freezing temperatures. Cracks must be sealed soon after they appear to prevent water seeping down into and weakening the asphalt base structure.
Unrepaired cracks eventually lead to dangerous, expensive, and ugly problems like:
- Alligator cracking
Fatigue, crocodile, or alligator cracking in asphalt parking lots and roads is major damage that appears as circle-shaped cracks resembling the rough, armored skin on the backs of alligators.
Potholes are dangerous to pedestrians and vehicles and require immediate repair. Potholes form when minor pavement distresses like cracks are left unrepaired, allowing water to seep into the asphalt structure. The surface then loosens and breaks up, leaving a bowl-shaped hole.
Temporary Patches – We install basic, “throw and roll” patches:
- We remove all the loose material from the pothole.
- We pour hot or cold mix asphalt into the pothole.
- We compact and level it by running it over with a heavy machinery.
Permanent Patches – We install permanent, full-depth asphalt patches:
- First, we remove the loose material as far down as is needed to reach a firm support base.
- Using a pavement saw or milling machine, we cut out a square-edged, rectangular-shaped frame around the pothole.
- We clean out the opening, removing all loose material.
- We apply asphalt tack coat to the vertical faces of the triangle.
- Finally, we fill the excavation with hot mix asphalt and compact it.
The Benefits of Asphalt Repair and Patching Parking Lots
Safety: You eliminate the risk of accidental injuries to pedestrians and drivers as a result of poor asphalt condition.
Durability: Sealing cracks early helps you avoid expensive repairs later.
Appearance: Whatever the type of property you own, a well-maintained parking lot looks fresh and neat, which is excellent for business.
Call Howe Asphalt to schedule your free estimate for asphalt patching and repair today!